Fitness rooms are open!
The weight and cardio rooms Community Center are available for members & non-members, again!
Rules for cardio & weight rooms
- Must wear a face covering into the Community Center - no expections
- You may remove your face covering once
you begin your workout
- You must place your face covering back
on upon exiting the fitness areas
- Taking reservations online, by phone, or walk-ins
- To make a reservation online visit:
- Limited to 25 people per 2-
hour session (see the schedule below)
- Reservations become available up to 48
hours in advance
Members are accepted
Non-members must pay the drop-in fee
with debit or credit card only (no cash)
- Must arrive & depart in workout attire
- lockers, showers, & changing areas are
- Must bring your own water
- no other drinks are permitted
- Must bring your own towel
- Do not move equipment
- Maintain 6 feet of distance between yourself and others at all times
- Wipe down equipment after use
- No loitering
Hours of Operation
Open in 2 hour intervals with 1 hour between for cleaning and sanitizing:
Monday through Saturday
8:00 - 10:00 a.m.
11:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m.
2:00 - 4:00 p.m.
5:00 - 7:00 p.m.
NOTE: All reopening dates and information are subject to change!
Summary of Reopening Phases
Reopened the weight room and cardio room
- Open to Portland residents only
- Number of guests will be limited to the maximum capacity specified in the State and County Executive Orders in place at that time
- Reservations & drop-in fees are required
Note: Memberships & membership payments remain suspended
- Gymnasium, racquetball courts, and fitness classes will remain closed during Phase 1
- Equipment checkout will be unavailable during Phase 1
Due to the significant increase in COVID-19 cases in our area, we are postponing Phase 2 until further notice!
Plan to resume exercise classes with limited attendance starting July 1
Number of guests will be limited to the maximum capacity specified in the State and County Executive Orders in place at that time Reservations are required (classes & fitness areas) Gymnasium and racquetball courts will remain closed during Phase 2 Equipment checkout will be unavailable during Phase 2 Phase 3
Plan to reopening to pre-COVID operations while maintaining social distancing protocols and capacity limits in place from current State and County Executive Orders starting August 15
For more information on COVID-19, local cases, anticipated reopening dates, and Executive Orders, please visit https://www.portlandtx.com/698/COVID-19-Updates
General information about the Community Center
The Portland Community Center has remodeled and renovated the entire fitness side and is open for business. If you haven’t been by to check out our new facility and try out the new equipment, you are missing out. Come see us soon. Log into your Hulu account and walk for miles on the treadmill or hop on the Woodway and run while you watch one of the five TV’s provided in the cardio room. Don’t miss the game while you are lifting weights, with the four 75-inch TV’s in the weight room you will not miss a minute.
The fitness center includes:
- A full-size basketball court
- Indoor walking track
- Racquetball court
- Full-size locker rooms
- Weight room comprised of both free weights and plate loaded & selectorized machines, Hammer Strength lifting platforms, bumper plates, Life Fitness Insignia
- Cardio room featuring treadmills, Woodway runner, elliptical trainers, arc trainers, upright and recumbent bikes, spin bikes, Concept 2 row machines and stepmill