Annexation Phase 2 (2015)
The City has completed the process of its Phase 2 annexation of about 753 acres in the City's extraterritorial jurisdiction (ETJ) to the southwest of Portland and 55 acres to the northeast of Portland. At its regular meeting on August 4, 2015, the City Council hired Freese & Nichols, Inc., an engineering and urban planning firm, to guide the City through the annexation process. In a report to the City Council, City staff and representatives from Freese & Nichols outlined the areas selected for annexation and the rationale for the selection, as well as the benefits and associated costs.
Check this page frequently for updated links to documents and maps associated with the annexation or use our NOTIFY ME feature to be automatically notified when changes happen.
- Website for Freese and Nichols, Inc.
- Links to helpful information about annexation in Texas
- Frequently Asked Questions about the annexation process
- Large map of Proposed Annexation Area (updated 9/17/2015)
- Hunting (discharging weapons) on lands annexed by a city
- Outdoor burning in Texas (Texas Commission on Environmental Quality (TCEQ) document) (10/26/2014)
- Application for Development Agreement
- Annexation Service Plan
- 10/22/15 First Public Hearing - at City Hall at 3:00 p.m. - View Northeast Notice or Southwest Notice
- 10/28/15 Second Public Hearing - at City Hall at 7:00 p.m. - View Northeast Notice or Southwest Notice
- 11/19/15 City Council will consider the first reading of the annexation ordinance - at City Hall at 7:00 p.m.
- 12/1/15 City Council will consider the final reading of the annexation ordinance - at City Hall at 7:00 p.m.